3 Hurt in WY Chemical Plant Fire

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 @ 11:03 AM gHale


A fire at a chemical plant near Cheyenne, WY, left three people burned.

Firefighters got the call about the fire at the Dyno Nobel plant around 9:30 a.m. Thursday, said Laramie County Fire District 1 Chief Darrick Mittlestadt.

RELATED STORIES
Three Hurt in Cement Plant Blast
3 Hurt after Lithium Fire at Alcoa
Metal Shavings Ignite at MN Steel Plant
Chemical Plant Blast Hurts 8

The company fire brigade at the plant located around two miles west of Cheyenne had the fire under control by the time county firefighters arrived, he said.

Mittlestadt said two people went by ambulance to a hospital. The identities and conditions of the victims weren’t immediately available.

Wyoming Department of Workforce Services spokeswoman Hayley McKee said Friday three men ages 28, 29 and 40 were undergoing treatment at the Western States Burn Center at the North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, Colorado.

McKee said the flash fire occurred during work on a compressor system.

Dyno Nobel officials were not immediately available for comment.

Dyno Nobel Inc. is a supplier of industrial explosives for mining and other industries. A worker at the plant in November ended up hospitalized after he inhaled ammonia gas through a malfunctioning respirator.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.