AL Gas Utility Workers Hurt in Flash Fire

Monday, August 27, 2018 @ 05:08 PM gHale

A leaking gas valve ignited and started a flash fire forcing workers at gas provider Spire in Homewood, AL, to be rushed to UAB Hospital as authorities responded to a gas leak.

The gas leak occurred August 16 on Bagby Drive as six Spire employees were installing a gas line.

RELATED STORIES
Chemical Fire at TN Chrome Plating Shop
Shelter in Place after IN Plastics Firm Fire
Metal Fire at MA Scrapyard
Chemical Leak Clears MI Beverage Plant

A valve began leaking and ignited, causing a flash fire, officials said.

All six workers were transported to a local hospital – four for observation and two for injuries. All the workers have since been released from the hospital.

The gas leak has been sealed and shut off.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.