Chemical Reaction Forces Evac in MI
Tuesday, August 2, 2016 @ 11:08 AM gHale
Malfunctioning equipment looks to be the cause of a chemical reaction that forced employees to evacuate IMRA America Inc., in Ann Arbor, MI, Friday.
The Ann Arbor Township Fire Department responded to IMRA around 3:30 p.m. Friday after receiving a report of a chemical reaction inside a lab, Fire Chief Brian Thurston said.
“It appears they had a malfunctioning piece of equipment and the fumes that would normally be dissipated ended up inside the building,” Thurston said.
As a result, employees evacuated the building for around 45 minutes until 4:15 p.m., when they were able to re-enter to get their belongings, Thurston said. There were no injuries and no damage to the building.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.