Electrical Woes Possible Factory Fire Cause

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 @ 03:07 PM gHale


A fire possibly caused by an electrical problem at a Merrill, WI, factory Sunday morning caused an estimated $2 million in damage.

The Merrill Fire Department responded at 1:30 a.m. to a report of a “large amount” of smoke coming from the roof of Northern Wire LLC, according to a news release from the Merrill Fire Department.

RELATED STORIES
1 Injured in GA Chemical Reaction
2 Injured in TX Refinery Fire
Steel Plating Plant Fire Injures 3
KN Ethanol Plant Dryer Explodes

Firefighters found a large fire in the metal plating area of the factory, officials said.

The facility’s supervisor of maintenance told the fire department Friday night was the last time the metal plating production line was operating.

Officials continue to investigate the fire, which an electrical problems appears to be the initially cause, according to the release.

There were no injuries, officials said.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.