IT-OT Working Together
Wednesday, May 4, 2016 @ 09:05 AM gHale
With the growth of IIoT, it means communications to and from Industrial Control Systems (ICS) will heighten in the coming years – and that opens the network up to more attacks from all angles.
That scenario only heightens the ongoing, and often contentious, relationship between IT and OT.
So what do oil and gas producers do in this era of convergence? Just how can OT take advantage of IT’s vast security experience? What are the future steps IT and OT can take together to ensure a secure producing enterprise? Find out when Lockheed Martin’s Walt Sikora, a cofounder of Industrial Defender Inc., acquired by Lockheed Martin in 2014, joins ISSSource Editor Gregory Hale in a webcast May 19 at 11 a.m. Eastern time.
If it is a given that unplugging from the enterprise does not play into reality, then the next step is to understand what each party is responsible for and what you really need to protect. That involves people, process and technology.
Part of the protection plan includes:
• Having a plan delineating clear responsibilities for IT and OT
• Managing all flows into the industrial control system (ICS)
• Managing all flows out of the ICS
• Securing the connection from ICS to Enterprise
• Subdividing the ICS system using the zones and conduits approach
• Detecting unusual behaviors on the ICS system
• Not focusing on protecting the system, focus on knowing the system
Click here to register for the webcast.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.