One Hurt after Metal Factory Fire

Monday, March 9, 2015 @ 05:03 PM gHale


A worker mixing paint started a fire at a metal factory Wednesday when the vapors ignited after coming in contact with a spark, officials said.

As a result an employee ended up in the burn unit at a local hospital after the incident at the Fort Wayne, IN, metal factory.

RELATED STORIES
Fire Guts PA Sheet Metal Factory
3 Hurt in WY Chemical Plant Fire
Three Hurt in Cement Plant Blast
3 Hurt after Lithium Fire at Alcoa

Emergency crews got the call to QuikCut Metal Fabrication at 4630 Allen Martin Drive after 11:30 a.m., said New Haven Fire Department officials. The fire started when a worker was mixing paint and a spark ignited the vapors.

Employees evacuated and New Haven and Adams Township Fire Departments worked to put out the blaze.

Officials confirmed the employee mixing paint was the worker that ended up in the hospital’s burn unit. His condition was not immediately available. All the other employees in the building evacuated without injury.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.