Safety Fines at GA Truck Repair Firm
Monday, March 21, 2016 @ 01:03 PM gHale
CS Truck & Trailer Repair Services Inc. is facing $70,000 in fines for 23 safety violations at its Lithonia, GA, facility, said officials at the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
OSHA investigators issued 19 serious and four other-than-serious safety and health violations.
CS Truck & Trailer Repair Services received serious violations for the following hazards:
• Failing to provide written energy-control procedures to protect workers from machine start ups during repairs or maintenance
• Not developing or implementing a written hazard communication program
• Allowing workers to use broken and damaged ladders
• Exposing employees to fall hazards up to 9 feet
• Blocking emergency exits with vehicle parts and other debris
One other violation involves employees operating powered industrial trucks that were not trained or reevaluated at least once every three years.
“Employers must not wait for an OSHA inspection to identify the hazards that expose their employees to serious injury or worse, said William Fulcher, OSHA’s area director in the Atlanta-East Office. “Good business means implementing preventive programs and systems to ensure such hazards are identified and corrected as part of the day-to-day operations.”