Spark Sets Fire at IN Septic Tank Maker

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 @ 06:08 PM gHale


A static spark started a fire at a Plymouth, IN, business Thursday.

A static spark caught a pan of resin on fire in the corner of a cleaning room where they clean parts at AK Industries, said Plymouth fire chief Rod Miller.

RELATED STORIES
Metal Plating Facility Burns to Ground
Machinery Malfunction Sparks Fire
Blaze Out at Huge GA Coal Plant
Safety Plan: Magnesium Fire Averted

One employee ended up treated for breathing in smoke at the scene. The worker did not go to the hospital.

AK Industries makes septic tanks.

It took about 20 minutes to bring the fire under control, fire officials said.

Miller said the fire should not affect business at the plant.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.