Sulfer Fire at Chemical Plant
Tuesday, October 27, 2015 @ 08:10 PM gHale
Firefighters in Atmore, AL, spent several hours battling a chemical plant fire Saturday.
Smoke ended up reported to firefighters at the Sunbelt Chemicals facility near the Atmore Country Club.
The source of the smoke ended up traced to a smoldering fire inside insulation located over an office area inside the plant. The insulation contained sulfur dust that was burning, official said.
Firefighters worked for hours to remove the smoldering insulation. There were no injuries reported, and officials say the fire posed no danger to the public.
The plant manufactures and distributes sulfur products.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.