Gas Leak Forces Orlando Bakery Evac

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 @ 12:10 PM gHale

Dozens of workers evacuated from a baking plant in Orlando, FL, early Sunday after a carbon monoxide alarm went off and one person was taken away from the building suffering from chest pains.

A hazardous materials team got the call to Turano Florida Bun on the 100 block of Martin Brower Road, said officials at Orange County Fire Rescue.

RELATED STORIES
Total Fire Shuts TX Refinery Unit
CO Oil Worker Hurt in Tank Blast
Irving Oil Looks for Cause of Refinery Blast
Chemical Tank Lid Blows, Starts Fire

Forty people were forced to evacuate, but further details were not immediately available.

The facility makes artisan breads as well as a variety of rolls, according to the business’ website. The breads are delivered every day throughout the Chicago area and the country.

Turano did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment. No one at the company answered the phone Sunday.



Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.